The Zentangle® method is an easy to learn, nonrepresentational, meditative drawing form which allows the participant to access the visually creative part of the brain. It is especially appealing to those who think “I can’t draw”. Using structured patterns that rely on simple shapes, beautiful artwork quickly emerges. This practice is approached with a mindful, non-judgmental attitude, with no expectation for outcome.
We welcome any one! What you’ll need for this activity is:
• A thick piece of paper (greeting card thickness is preferred) the size of 4×6 or 5×7.
• Black or colored pens, preferably gel pen, but any pen will work!
• Black/dark magic marker or brush pen (not necessary but helpful).
• A comfortable desk chair at a table or desk.
• If you want a beverage or snack during this time, bring it in a covered container so it doesn’t spill (experience taught us that one!)
• Patience and a sense of humor!
About your facilitator: Hilary Smith RN, CZT has been studying tai chi and qigong for 30 years and has been meditative arts for 22. Her goal in teaching is to present students with the self-care tools they can use to age with comfort and dignity. Her students have ranged in age from young adults to centenarians. While enjoying the benefits of her work and her personal practice, she always yearned for an expressive visual outlet. As she says “I knew there was a creative part of my brain in there; I just didn’t know how to access it”. She stumbled upon the Zentangle® method and quickly embraced the practice.
About pricing: Kirkridge is committed to providing heartfelt and generous programming that is available to all. And we need your help to continue doing so. The cost of providing this program is approximately $15 per person. Please support this program if you are able. We will be grateful if you could contribute an additional amount to help cover the costs of others and as always, all are welcome regardless of ability to pay.