Cost: Sliding Scale $500, $375, $250
Lent, as we know, means “spring”: a time to celebrate new life springing forth in and around us. John’s Gospel has been at the heart of Lent since the beginning, with its Prologue call to choose our “birth”: from the Creator…or some other source. During our retreat, we will:
- Explore the ways in which we can be tempted to root our identity in sources other than God.
- Interweave the inner and outer elements of Love becoming flesh in each of us and all of us together
- Engage the often overlooked sacrament of footwashing, with its call for embodied intimacy in community
- Hear the Gospel call to be born anew as “inspired earth” (Genesis 2.7)
- Allow for periods of silence, prayer, small and large group sharing, questioning, responding
Sue Ferguson Johnson has been a spiritual director for many decades, braiding the mystical and prophetic into everyday life.
Wes Howard-Brook has been teaching and writing on the Bible since 1988 in church, academy and on the streets. Currently, he is developing a video biblical commentary on YouTube, “Radical Bible.”
Together, Sue and Wes lead groups in entering into God with our whole selves, seeking to be transformed ever more deeply into the Word-made-flesh. They live and minister in the Issaquah Creek Watershed on the traditional land of the Issaquah Band of the Snoqualmie People. Together, they enjoy time with their five adult children and four grandchildren and goldendoodle Josie.